Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love doesn't need words


As I have mentioned before, our oldest daughter, Jenny, has a genetic disorder, Cri-du-Chat. One of the effects for Jenny of the missing genetic material is a lack of speech. When she cries, she sounds like a kitten. In fact, her cry and low birth weight were two of the main things that tipped Dr. Harrison off to Jenny's disorder. With all that being said, Jenny can communicate with us completely without words if needed. She can sign a little, use a communication board and say a few things that only few people understand. Jenny is the most gentle spirit. She loves without condition or reserve. I cannot express what a joy she is in my life and how she makes me a better person. Jenny has never told me she loves me in words, but I know she does and I don't need the words. She is love!

3 comments:

  1. I *LOVE* this picture of you and Jenny! She's such a cutie! She looks so much like you in this picture. I hope she's still feeling better now after the last round of antibiotics. You are such a sweet mom - your girls are lucky to have YOU as their mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cindy! Jenny is finally feeling better and starting to eat again. She has a few days left on the antibiotic, but it appears that life is getting back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, it was serendipedious to run across your family blogspot via mutual FB contacts we share. I see you have 2 adopted children; the oldest being special needs/non-verbal.

    My wife & I have 3 special needs children; our oldest is non-verbal (autistic), middle child is VERY verbal (autistic-different part of the spectrum), & our youngest (we adopted) has downs.

    I know the struggles & sacrifices you & your husband have gone thru & likewise the blessings that only God can reveal to families like ours & to those that open their eyes, hearts, & arms to recieve the blessings that come in such unusual moments like a sideways glance/gesture that becomes more than just body-language; almost a signature, pet-name between the 2 of you.

    I'm so glad to know that both your girls have such an amazing & blessed forever family (as you've called it). Swing thru FB & get the 411 on our family. Its always such a blessing to have a great cloud of witnesses around you; lifting you up in prayer & being there when you need them.

    ReplyDelete